My two cents on a boiled egg aka Andrew Tate

 I remember when I was in secondary school, we had a subject called Political Science (which I went on to major in high school). Anyways, we had a chapter on female foeticide and infanticide, the chapter spoke about the prevalent misogyny in the rural Indian communities against women and girl children. I was disgusted but relieved, why? Because I lived in a metropolitan city like Mumbai. Mumbai is an advanced city with many white-collar people and educated individuals. I believed Mumbai is untouched by misogyny. (Although it's morally wrong to not care about an issue that doesn't affect you, I was like 11-12 not like some grown-up apolitical crusty men). Anyways, Whenever I would get the question in the exam on how we can make a better place to live for women. I proudly used my doms pencil to write "by educating men and society."  To some levels, this answer is the most accurate. However, the nuances are more intricate.

After going through some atrocities like Donald Trump, Abortion Ban, the Taliban, and one more person who shall not be named. Demon embodied the soul of a man to terrorize women. Actually, calling him a demon would be a shame for all demons. Let's just call him by his name: ANDREW TATE. Andrew Tate is much like a pandemic. In this blog, I will talk about his rise to fame and the aftereffects of it on society.



It all started with Tiktok or Tiktok form social media apps. There were multiple Instagram pages reposting small bits of clips from what seems like a podcast. The videos slowly started getting more viral as multiple meme pages started reposting them (Good PR TATE). Everyone was curious about who this bald-boiled egg was. Soon, this boiled egg emerged as a messiah for all the insecure wanna-be dom males that seek shelter online but don't know how to cook a single meal. 

During his initial massive PR campaign, he posed as the messiah for all the men that have gone through heartbreaks, divorce, unemployment, or seeking to develop and make themselves more "macho" (a trait that toxic patriarchy has created). However, a closer dig at his other podcast soon proved to be dangerous as his opinions on women were very misogynistic. His massive pr campaign was aimed to promote his course called hustlers academy, which I don't know how well worked but it did glamorize him as the savior. 




People started digging more into the past of this guy that became a success in a night. There are various accusations leveled against him including rape, human trafficking, and running a webcam business against the will of the person. All the women he detained at his house were under 25 and everyone thought they'd be his wife eventually. Neighbors often reported seeing multiple women sometimes naked on his premises and his bodyguard reported at least 100 girls in the past two years were brought in. Even his ex-girlfriend came forward in an interview with BBC Network talking about how TATE was abusive and violent during the relationship which eventually led to their breakup. However, to an emotionally insecure male, he was their leader. It was almost like a cult. Let's understand how his videos impacted men. I remember in one of the podcasts, he was proudly announcing how he raped multiple women and is in Romania because the authorities there cannot levy such charges on him

His videos were posted usually on social media apps like Tiktok, Instagram, and Youtube Shorts. The demography of these apps is relatively young people especially Gen Z, children between the age of 9-22 years. The reason for this is, it's easier to manipulate children and teens as compared to adults. All of these kids have no idea about feminism. None of them I guarantee you know about any wave of feminism nor have they ever read feminist literature. Sadly, due to the internet mass mobilization of misogynist content is easy to disseminate and these people consume such content and see feminism as overthrowing men and taking charge, which isn't even remotely related to feminism. Lack of information and unsuccessful relationships lead to men consuming such videos on internet.com. With this gradually, homophobia and transphobia have also increased. 

On social media, many memes, and videos of misogynist men started going viral. "Women with coffee cups" was a national statement for these so-called men. Suddenly the fight for equality has now been damaged by who is superior? It's sad to see how grown men can actually get brainwashed by someone to such an extent that they say things like "go back to the kitchen", doesn't your mom work day and night in the kitchen preparing rotis and food while sweating frivolously in the scorching heat for you to hate on women online and pass such comments? She might be working so hard because she might have good hopes for you, which you are proudly not achieving anything. These men also regularly engage in sharing unsolicited images with women and harassing them online. Is this why your parents are providing you internet access? Don't you remember that you have a sister too? It's quite baffling how such men go around spurling hate on women when in reality, they depend on women for basic needs like cooking, and laundry even as small as making tea. My whole point is, why do you blame and cheat on a woman when you came from women, got your name from a woman, and your game from a woman. I wonder why you take from women. Why do you rape women, do we hate women? - Tupac Shakur.

A couple of days ago, I was scrolling on reels when I came across a woman showing her bump after delivering twins. The comment section was men splurging hate on a woman who has just pushed not 1 but 2 babies after carrying them for 9 months, damaging her mental health and physical health. This just proves that men not only have no idea about feminism but no idea about feminine biology and how the female body works. I just hope that girl is okay. Such men are sad about their life and have no control over their life. Hence they engage in so-called "cheap thrills" to get 2 seconds of euphoria and feel good about themselves. They actively harass women on social media that uses a filter, use makeup, or has done cosmetic surgery when in reality, they themselves have created such fake beauty standards.

Anyways, I would just end it with If you're one of them and If you're reading this. Do better, I expected more from you. Good luck. 



Comments

Popular Posts